Recently I bought frozen raspberries, then wondered what to do with them. 'Raspberry Mousse in Chocolate Stripe Tulip Cups' on a website for BC raspberries looked interesting.I thought the tulip cups might be fun to make. They reminded me of the fortune cookies we watched being made in San Francisco a few years ago, except the thin 'pancakes' for the tulip cups would be formed over the bottom of a jar or cup not bent over a bar like these fortune cookies (below) were.
Well, my cups browned a little too much around the edges. The raspberry mixture didn't thicken so the mousse didn't turn out quite right. It had too much cream in it for my liking, although I must admit I don't know what is normally in mousse.
The cups with their orange flavour were tasty though. I think I would have preferred them rolled up with just a light coating of the mousse. Unlike fortune cookies, the tulip cups stayed soft. All in all, too fiddly and not rewarding enough to bother with again.


No comments:
Post a Comment