Saturday, February 12, 2011

A harbour area walk - Feb. 1, 2011

Periodically, John Lennon's 'Yellow Submarine' Rolls Royce is displayed in the museum lobby.

I finally got around to walking through Cridge Park to see what has been going on. Neglected for years and used as a campground, it has seen a burst of activity recently.

The stones in the centre look as if they should have plaques on them, but don't (yet?). Ferns have been planted around some of the trees and tree stumps.

Perhaps residents in the new condos in the area got tired of looking at the squalor and pushed for the park to be cleaned up.

Lured by 'that aircraft smell' I walked along the harbour. I'm not sure if this pond at the Laurel Point Inn is new or renewed.

But I always feel like I'm on vacation when walking by it.

Near sunset, a float plane taxies out and it's time for me to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment