Saturday, April 28, 2012
The town of Winslow was a pleasant surprise and then it got even better when I saw the B&B. It's wonderful. It has character and is very clean and nicely decorated. It's also very reasonably priced (I think there was a discount after the first night). Since another lady who had inquired about staying there wasn't coming after all, I had my choice of two bedrooms.
I picked my favourite of the upstairs bedrooms...
... which is next to a nice-sized bathroom with shower, bath tub (yay!) and heated towel rack (mmm).
Looking down the stairs. That's my box of Quality Street chocolates on the table.
And that's my notebook on the table.
The B&B owner is very pleasant and humourous. Since he was going away the next day, I had the run of the whole house for 4 nights of my 5 night stay. I looked forward to it immensely. I could cook, do laundry, etc. I could pretend I lived here.
Living room.
Back yard where the 'whohoohoo' sound of doves could often be heard. Church bells could be heard frequently too - it was one thing that made Winslow a stand-out for me.
View of house across the street from front window.
There were some nice little paintings, and a framed mirror ...
... and interesting decor in general. I was very comfortable at this B&B.










Oh, it looks lovely. Makes me want to visit there.
ReplyDeleteIf you go, please take me with you!
ReplyDelete