I managed to pick the only sunny day (yesterday) for my walk to Addington. Now it was rainy. I must have had a nice relaxing morning in - making breakfast, catching up on email messages, etc. Later, I went for a walk around town and shopped for groceries.
St Laurence Church faces High Street where the most of the shops are. As far as I know there is no record of my family being in Winslow, but they must have shopped and passed through here frequently. Since they weren't from Buckinghamshire, I believe they had no connection to the Stevens family of Winslow.
Looking straight ahead from the front of the churchyard.
And the view to the left and right on High Street. The B&B is at the far end of the right hand picture.
My recollection of this field is that it was on Sheep Street.
The sequence of photos aren't making sense to me. Maybe I went back to the B&B for something because this picture is of the market square, just around the corner in town.
This building fascinates me
Sheep Street
This seems an odd place for a well
A lone daffodil
As always, it's fun to look at doors and cottage names in England.



No comments:
Post a Comment