May 24, 2012
It was my first trip into Cornwall. I went by bus, which requires a change in Looe. It's only about 25 miles away and, if I remember correctly, it took one and a half to two hours to get from Plymouth to Polperro.
A woman on the bus who had lost her husband 17 years ago was in her mid 70's and hiking all over the place. She said there is a coastal path between Looe and Polperro, about 5 miles.
Cornwall is just across the bridge out of Plymouth but it seems different. Oddly there were more flowers, including mauve and pink ones on the roadsides where hedges weren't right up to the road. More rhodos. Beautiful lush green everything - trees, hills, fields, hedges. It seems storybook perfect. So it was in Polperro.
Cornwall is just across the bridge out of Plymouth but it seems different. Oddly there were more flowers, including mauve and pink ones on the roadsides where hedges weren't right up to the road. More rhodos. Beautiful lush green everything - trees, hills, fields, hedges. It seems storybook perfect. So it was in Polperro.
Too bad the tide was out. It would have looked prettier with water in the harbour. Regardless, this was a jolly little place. Charming, tidy and very hilly too! My legs got a good workout.
I considered a half hour boat tour but nixed that idea when I saw the waves crashing in outside of the harbour. Parts of the town reminded me of Greece with the twisty streets or alleyways and white buildings.
These were among the best scones I had in England, served by a fellow from Manchester.
No comments:
Post a Comment